South Sydney Community Aid Multicultural Neighbourhood Centre; We are an Incorporated Cooperative providing community services in the Redfern, Waterloo, Darlington, Alexandria and the City of Sydney Local Government areas. We provide services to people who are Culturally and Linguistically Diverse including:- individuals and families, those from a non-english speaking background on a low income, socially isolated, unemployed, seniors and disabled.
As per the South Sydney Community Aid Coop Ltd Registrar of Co-operatives as of the 2nd of Sept 1994, SSCA-MNC aims are:
- Primarily, to provide social welfare by assisting in the relief of poverty, distress, sickness, suffering, destitution or helplessness;
- To provide an inquiry, answering and advisory service to assist with the above objects;
- To co-operate with and assist in the co-ordination of groups and agencies working in the area;
- To sponsor and encourage continued research into the needs of the community and to apply those findings for the development of its’ programme;
- To focus attention on any social needs in the area and to enable local residents to meet those needs;
- To stimulate and provide channels for individual and group participation in the development of services in the area;
- To stimulate and provide opportunities for the development of adult education in the area.